What are they and what do we use them for?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install on your computer, smartphone, tablet or connected television. Its functions can be very varied: store your browsing preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical features, and so on. Sometimes, cookies are used to store basic information about the browsing habits of the user or their team, to the extent, depending on the case, of being able to recognize it.
Because they are important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to work more agile and adapted to their preferences, such as storing their language or the currency of their country. In addition, help those responsible for websites to improve the services they offer, thanks to the statistical information they collect through them
Typology, Purpose and Functioning of Cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The first expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire depending on when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified on the pages of www.mingproductions.com) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their objective, cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found on the pages, so you don’t have to reconfigure it every time you visit it. As an example, this typology includes:
- Volume settings of video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
Geolocation Cookies: These Cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you browse the web. This Cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened their session, and they are used to identify you on pages with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if you close a page, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day re-enter that page, you will continue to be identified, thus facilitating your navigation without having to identify yourself again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the “log out” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the page the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain pages, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Additionally, some pages may use connectors with social networks such as Facebook or Twitter. When the user registers on a page with credentials of a social network, he authorizes the social network to keep a persistent Cookie that remembers his identity and guarantees him access to the pages until he expires. The user can delete this Cookie and revoke access to the pages through social networks by updating their preferences in the social network that you specify.
Analytical Cookies: Each time a user visits a page, a tool from an external provider (in our case Google Analytics) generates an Analytical Cookie on the user’s computer. This Cookie that is only generated in the visit, will serve in future visits to the pages of www.mingproductions.com to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allow anonymous identification of navigating users through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeats visit.
Important: Unless the user decides to register on the website of www.mingproductions.com, the “Cookie” will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the user experience on the site.
Other third party cookies
In some of our pages you can install third-party cookies that allow you to manage and improve the services they offer. An example of this use are the links to social networks that allow us to share our content.
How can I set my preferences?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your internet browser. In the event that you block them, certain services that need their use may not be available to you.
Below, we inform you in detail of the cookies that can be installed from our website. Depending on your navigation, all or only some of them may be installed.
Cookies are files sent to a browser through a web server to record user activities on a specific website. The first purpose of Cookies is to provide the user with faster access to the selected pages.
Likewise, the www.mingproductions.com website will be able to know all the pages visited by users, so that it can provide or offer adequate information to the tastes and preferences of each user.
How to disable Cookies in the main Browsers
It is usually possible to stop accepting browser cookies or stop accepting cookies from a particular page.
All modern browsers allow you to change the cookie settings. This setting is usually found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your browser.
The www.mingproductions.com website offers user guidance on the steps to access the cookie configuration menu and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help.
What happens if cookies are disabled
Some features of the pages will be disabled, such as staying identified, receiving information directed to your location or viewing some videos.
Update and Changes in Cookies Policy
The www.mingproductions.com website may modify this Cookies Policy based on legislative, regulatory requirements, or with the purpose of adapting said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, therefore users are advised To visit it periodically.
When significant changes occur in this Cookies Policy, they will be communicated to the users through the web.
Regarding third-party cookies, that is, those that are outside our website, we cannot be responsible for the content and veracity of the privacy policies that they include, so the information we offer is always with reference to the source.